'Once' There was this film, who. . . .

Thanks, Joan, for suggesting that I rent the movie 'Once'.

From the opening scene with guitar and heartfelt singing I was hooked.

This stunning tale is about a songwriter, (played by Glen Hansard, of the Frames) busker making tips on the Dublin Streets, when along comes an admiring pedestrian (Markéta Irglová) who also happens to play a sweet piano. They interact, sometimes heading right for each other and sometimes heading off to their futures which lay deeply entangled with their past.

It is not your typical relationship as they not only avoid hooking up but they succeed in making the best of the gifts they have. I found myself mirrored in a skeptical music board operator who went into the show not knowing what to expect then by the end of it all willing to offer any ounce of support that could be mustered.

The casting was simple, the music was delightful, and the plot unfolds like a comfortable book.

Here is a smidge of the on screen magic:



I will buy this movie. I will buy the soundtrack.

Links to Once:

- http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907657/

Comments

Popular Posts