OK Rob!!!

ABC News: Robertson Says He Leg-Pressed 2,000 Pounds

In a time when men of the cloth have sincere image problems, Pat has found a new measure of strength.

Of course it comes down a mix of the high school level of jockdom (How much do you bench?") mixed with the high school level of fabrication ("I made out with the prom queen") type story.

But I guess anything is possible for someone who drinks a special milk shake.

Pat. . . Hmm. . . what a man.

I see he wears adidas? I guess he can't be all that bad.

Wait, what am I saying.

He can't be a man cuz he doesn't smoke, the same cigarettes as me!

I can't get no Pat Robertson,

off TV.

Now tell me what I say.

Comments

Christian said…
If he was doing squats they'd be "quarter squats" or even "eighth squats":) You can lift much more weight if you have a small range of motion as opposed to a full range of motion. The power output of say a 1000lb press 5" is the same as a 315lb press 14" or so.

He's also using his arms to help. We also don't know what his ROM (range of motion) was for the 2000 lb effort.

But I do believe he did it, and it is impressive for a 70-something.
Scott said…
WHO'S side are you on?!?!?!?!?
shellswick said…
I think, when he was tired, Jesus squatted for him...

Popular Posts